SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
ENTERPRISE SOFTWARE ENGINEER IN TEST
EIS (Enterprise Information Systems) team writes the software that builds rockets and powers SpaceX. We are responsible for all of the software on the factory floor, the warehouses, the financial systems, the restaurant, and even the public home page. Elon has called us the “nervous system” of SpaceX because we connect all of the other teams at SpaceX to ensure that the entire rocket building process runs smoothly.
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test to join our unique internal business applications development team, which creates and optimizes software solutions around the business of innovatively building and launching rockets.
- Design, implement and evangelize an automated-test architecture
- Drive an automation-focused test strategy
- Improve QA processes and repeatability
- Improve product testability
- Reduce test maintenance costs
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, physics, mathematics, or similar technical discipline
- 4+ years of experience in software engineering (project work or industry)
- 4+ years writing automated tests (Unit, Integration and User Interface)
- Experience with T-SQL
- Experience in Object Oriented Programming
- Deep understanding of the software development life cycle and quality assurance
- Experience with ASP.NET MVC, Entity Framework, MSSQL, Angular.js
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Experience implementing common software design patterns
- Experience working with ERP or manufacturing systems
- Experience testing User Experience / Usability, tablet/touch interfaces
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivation, a thirst for challenges, excellent teamwork skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.